Do nots and dos Auto Accidents
If you suspect you may be injured in a car accident
- Do not be macho – complain and get medical treatment.
- Do not move the involved vehicles unless they are a hazard to traffic.
- Do not admit you are at fault.
- Do call the police right-away.
- Do not lose your cool.
- Do not get into an argument with the other driver or drivers.
- Do get the names, addresses and phone numbers of the other driver or drivers and witnesses.
- Do take pictures of the scene and vehicles involved.
- Do ask the other drivers about their insurance coverage (name of insured and amount of liability insurance).
- Do make notes about any information that will help prove fault and your medical condition.
- Do fill out and send in all papers required.
- Do report to your insurance company promptly.
- Do not give any statement over the phone or in person before consulting with a lawyer.
- Do not sign any papers without legal advice.
- Do not repair your vehicle before contacting your insurance company.
- Do continue to get medical treatment if you are hurt.
Waldman Smallwood Law Firm P.C.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.